The Bay Area Funeral Consumers Association* is the local chapter of a national nonprofit organization** dedicated to protecting the right to choose meaningful, dignified, affordable death care.
This BA-FCA chapter offers information on:
We are a non-profit organization
dedicated to protecting the right to choose meaningful, dignified, affordable death care, and to providing information to help make these choices.
Your financial support helps us help you.
- provide speakers at no charge to groups wishing to learn about death care planning and options
- monitor local funeral industry trends and practices
- serve as a consumer advocate for legal and regulatory reform, giving advice on or lobbying for necessary changes locally, state-wide, or nationally
* Formerly called the Funeral Consumers Alliance (FCA) of San Mateo and Santa Clara Counties and the adjunct Funeral Education Foundation (FEF), and before that, it was the Peninsula Funeral and Memorial Society. (We've been around since 1952!)
NOTE: it will take us a while to update all the pages to adjust the references from FCA/FEF to BA-FCA--please don't be confused if the old name is still on some pages.
- Retail prices for mortuaries in the following counties:
- 2012 Mortuary & Price info for Sonoma County, courtesy of Novato Community Hospital Palliative Care Unit
- what to do with the ashes
Come to our Q&A sessions, held the 3rd Thursday of every month.
SPARE THE HEIRS
1:30 -4 pm
Castro Valley Libary